picture from last year I’m gross love me
1.) There will be boys who say sweet words that melt your heart, and they won’t want to just “get in your pants.”
2.) Everyone will hurt you some time or another, even the people who promise they won’t and aren’t supposed to.
3.) There are going to be days where you can’t go to school because you’ll be too tired from a sleepless night of over thinking.
4.) Everyone is going to leave you at some point in your life but sometimes the really special ones will come back.
5.) Sometimes the people you cannot live without, can live perfectly fine without you.
6.) You’re going to be young and fall in love and there’s a chance that will be the person you will marry, or just another person who will leave you with memories.
7.) Not everyone will be happy with your success and not everyone will be sad with your loss.
8.) There are going to be people you are close to and then suddenly one day you don’t talk and there’s not a good reason as to why
9.) People are going to make fun of you and you are going to stand out but you’re going to need to realize that everyone does this to everyone and even though it doesn’t make it right you’re going to have to learn to deal with it.
10.) There is going to be one day when suddenly no where feels like home until the day when your lips touch his, when you look into his eyes, and he wraps you in his arms and suddenly, there you are, home.
— A list of things your mother will forget to tell you
The Golden Age of Children’s TV, the 90’s.
1. Know that you are still blooming, and this is okay.
2. Write handwritten love notes to the parts of yourself you hate.
3. Find the comfort in holding your own hand.
4. Remember, even clouds cry sometimes.
5. Date yourself. Get to know yourself again.
6. Learn how to be alone without feeling lonely.
7. Do something that scares you every day, no matter how small. Watch your life change.
8. Stop wishing for a vacation and make your life into something you don’t wish to escape from.
9. Recognize that the best artists color outside the lines. You have the same freedom in your life. Break conventions.
10. Go to the florist on the corner and buy yourself some flowers. Spoil yourself. You deserve it.
11. Throw out your premeditated list of qualities for your perfect mate. That special person is not a recipe or equation. Humans are more than that.
12. Share your testimony. Our story is meant to be heard. Find your voice.
13. Wish to be more like rain than snow. Snow is frigid and hardens. Rain is vulnerable and soft.
14. Look at your veins. They are roots, and your limbs are branches. Your body is a strong tree. Don’t you dare cut it down.
15. Strive to have the same humility as the sun. It shines brilliantly every day without needing anyone to notice.
16. Flip through old photos and reminisce about the past, but do not live there. Nothing new happens there.
17. Dust off the fingerprints of any past lover left on your skin. You belong only to yourself.
18. Become the person you’d like to fall in love with.
19. Loving yourself again will be like putting on eyeglasses. The blur will fade and you will see yourself for what you truly are: beautiful.
— Kayla Hollatz - 19 Ways To Start Loving Yourself Again
Today’s mental health reminder: a relapse, a sudden series of attacks, a string of awful days, (or whatever your step back may be) does not decrease your value. Take your time, do some self care, reflect on the progress that you have made. You are strong; one step back is nothing when you look at the journey you have already made.
Needed to hear that